Welcome.Ekaabo.Kedu.Merhaba.Akwaaba.Lafia. Bienvenue

>>>quick announcement->Fasten your seat belt..'cos you might be in for a crazy ryde...:)

Saturday, April 18, 2015

2014 in Hindsight


2014 review

Can you tell that I didn't type that with a straight face? 2014 review in April 2015? Heck yeah!!! Who says I can't?
Can you also tell that I am trying to use "ògbójú" for you?

Sigh!

Truly, never say never! I didn't think I'd be that blogger who would abandon her blog for months...almost a year, innit?
I am ashamed of the posts I 'refused' to let past my head. Some were borne out of pure, unbridled laziness, some I can't even explain why the heck they never got written down, but I can tell you that it's not like my life has been without events.

Anyhoo, let's quickly see how well I did with my 2014, sebi I reported myself to you people in this post? Oya bring out your pens and papers to score me:

Punctuality: I made pointed efforts... Some were a hit and some were a miss. Again, still a work-in-progress. Oh, but I do remember this one time when it was Toinlicious who kept me waiting, for hours, like a bride/groom whose spouse developed cold feet on the wedding day. Well, the gentleman she brought along + the Chinese meal we had + the twin babies who wouldn't stop freaking Toin out by smiling at her all-meal-long, totally made up for it. Oh wait a min, she hasn't told you this story yet? My apologies. Wait a min, this happened in 2015 - consider this part an "advance 2015 review"

Health: see ehn! 2014 was a very lovely year health wise! I can't even remember if I caught anything other than my occasional bouts of flu. My fitness resolution didn't play out very well until around November. I wonder if this is a good time to say between then and now, I have gotten 22lbs lighter. I have the Cambridge diet plan to thank for helping me jump-start that movement. And then there is GBBlog giving me juicing life recently. I mean, I couldn't recognise myself when I felt too lazy to crunch on cucumbers & carrots, and chose to juice them instead with some other stuff.  And then there is Antabobo's weight loss Insta journey steady inspiring me! She recently started blogging here and I suspect she may touch on that part once in a while. I started taking walks because of her but I have since stopped that aspect when someone put the thought of me getting kidnapped in my head. Times are hard biko. Ain't nobady gat ransom money inna mi house.
My edges... See ehn, that one deserves a post of its own. Edges not so great but at least I retained hair length! Glory!
And then, my nailsssss!!! People of God, I made it! I think I can categorically say (without my oga at the top saying something else), that I bite my nails no longer! Ask Toin, I have caught her one too many times glaring lustfully at my lovely talons. Tehehehehehhehe. I can't even lie, my inner beauty got a promotion. A mean, I raise holy hands in church without hesitation now. God is real yo!
                         
Grow some balls: lol...I did. I had my moments. Cut off some relationships, put some in their rightful places. Made peace with the fact that I may not be to others what they are to me and others may not be to me, what I am to them.....and, it's OK, really!

L.I.V.E: I can't say that I didn't try and I can't say it didn't yield results. It may not have been as much as I wanted to but hey, I still have about a century ahead of me.

Let go and let God:  Jesus loves me, warts and all, this I know. He's still working on me.

P.S: I am suspicious of Toin. I dont know how she has managed to get mentioned so many times in this one post. More so, I dont like the way she's looking at me right now. Oh! I think it is because I am typing this post from her laptop. Help me tell her Thank You!

Not to sound cliche, but I did miss this place. I intend to be back for real this time, so help me God.
Now tell me what you guys have been up to!!! Which of you got married, kids, heartbroken, a cat, a dog etc?!!!

29 comments:

  1. I swear i just put up a comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been gone so long that i clicked the link to this post not knowing whos blog i was about to start reading! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. HoneyDame, HoneyDame, HoneyDame!!!!!!! How many times did I call you? Mind yaself ooooo.

    Atilola's World

    ReplyDelete
  4. We give you another month, let's see if you will keep to this promise.
    Meanwhile do you have a picture of these balls that you grew?

    ReplyDelete
  5. See en, i need to write an entire post to respond to this your update.
    1. You stole my nails! I don't know how but I'm angry that yours are growing and mine are not. It's not a joking sturves

    P.S: I did not keep you waiting that long na *flees*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleas, this isnt a noise making competition! Take you L in peace!

      Delete
  6. welcome back somehow somehow cos me and you know you would still disappear again...isokay we still love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you *hugs* been a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Babes, oya come back na.. It's about time :-D
    Say hi to Toin too please! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Sorry it took so long. I am here now. Toin even tried.

      Delete
  9. Blessings....
    It is what it is, in life you hit a groove and you move with it and other times you just hit a spot where you just not feeling certain things. It just is what it is, you simply need to find joy in life and keep moving with that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mold in this place ehn!!!!! C'amman update jare (instead of musing on twitter all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choi!!!! You be knowing!!! Thank you, your comment actually contributed to an update. ;)

      Delete
  11. Hi Honeydame,

    Glad to read a post from you.
    I also went incognito for a while but hoping to be back. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there!!!!!! I am glad to read a comment from you too! I love reading comments, whatever they may be! Have you seen my latest post? You should because it may inspire you to write one of your own. Nice to have you here.

      Delete
  12. You have an awesome personality o! Your posts are packed full of funny senrenres. I am glad I found your blog :-)

    I am typing with one hand and holding my tummy with the other hand, from laughing so hard at the mental image of "the twin babies who wouldn't stop freaking Toin out by smiling at her all-meal-long". Lol

    ReplyDelete

HoneyDames n Dudes